Course design: Considerations for trainers – a Professional Guide
This Professional Guide in the Resources for Training Trainers series introduces a structured approach to course design, highlighting the importance of articulating learning outcomes commensurate with the cognitive complexity of the target learning, prior to devising learning experiences and course content. The specific focus here is on face-to-face activities, but the guidance is also relevant for those designing online courses.
Specifically, this Guide outlines a series of steps that can help trainers to devise and deploy effective courses. On reading this Guide, and engaging with the reflective exercises, you will be able to:
- list five key phases of curriculum & course development;
- explain the primary role of learning outcomes;
- write learning outcomes for a course;
- identify the Bloom’s-level accomplishments that different types of learning experience are likely to support;
- describe the role of learning outcomes in selecting relevant content;
- distinguish different types of assessment & their role in supporting learner progression towards learning outcomes; and
- summarise the benefits of course evaluation.
|Title||Course design: Considerations for trainers – a Professional Guide|
|Year of Publication||2020|